Thursday, April 7, 2011

Treating Your Anxiety Disorder - Things You Should Know

Being anxious is normal when you are anticipating stressful situations like school exams, job interviews, first date and preparing for a speech. But when anxiety becomes unreasonable and you are worrying too much about many things in your everyday life without a logical basis, it becomes a disabling disorder. This condition may get worse over time if not treated. Treating your anxiety disorder is necessary to get your life back on track.

Anxiety or panic disorder is a disabling condition that can rob you of the joy of life. You will find it difficult to concentrate on your job, school and everyday activities. Treating your anxiety is necessary to free yourself from excessive fear that keeps haunting you.

Common symptoms of anxiety or panic disorder are profuse sweating, trembling, pounding heartbeat, chest pain, nausea, lightheadedness, shortness of breath and feeling of going crazy or losing your mind. Imagine experiencing these symptoms while driving, while in the middle of a crowded place and while alone at home, these symptoms can make your life miserable. Treating your anxiety disorder is important to get rid of these disabling symptoms.

It is important to seek professional help if you think you have an anxiety disorder. A doctor or a mental health professional can give you the right diagnosis and can recommend treatments suitable for your condition.

Medications can be very beneficial in treating your anxiety disorder. Common medicines are anti-anxiety and antidepressant drugs. It is important to take drugs under the supervision of your doctor and do not abuse the use of drugs.

A good eating and drinking habit are essential to control the level of your anxiety. Your diet has effects on the level of your anxiety. Eating a well balanced diet is important to make you healthy. If you are healthy, you are capable of controlling your mind and emotions. In treating your anxiety disorder, it is also important to hydrate yourself properly. Dehydration is one of the major causes of fatigue and stress that can trigger panic attacks. Drink 8 glasses of water everyday.

If you have tried almost everything and still unable to control your panic attacks, do not lose hope. Different people have different response to treatments but anxiety disorder is a treatable disease and you have to continue looking for the best treatment that will work for you. Alternative treatment is another option in treating your anxiety disorder. To stop anxiety attacks using natural techniques visit Cure Anxiety and Panic Disorder

4 comments:

Samual said...

Thanks for sharing this great post. Several individuals have hypothyroidism and do not know it. There are several hypothyroidism symptoms which might be experienced, these include fatigue, weight gain or trouble losing weight, weakness, hair loss, constipation, feeling cold all the time, muscle aches, cramps, slow heart rate, depression, drowsiness, puffiness in the face, dry skin, and memory loss.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It would also be good if you find a peaceful place to relax. It will help bring back your energy and positive vibes. You can also do activities that would help you forget your problems.

Harper Cosper

Unknown said...

I have General Anxiety Disorder with Panic Attacks. I have always been an anxious person, even as a child. My panic attacks started about 20 years ago and like others it was very debilitating. To me they are the worst feeling that you could ever imagine having. After my sister died in 2003 I started going to therapy to deal with the loss of my sister and discovered that it was very helpful also with my anxiety. I was against medication because I thought it was a sign of weakness and couldn't understand why I couldn't stop the panic attacks myself. I was so miserable that I decided to try Lexapro. I knew several people that were taking it for various reasons with little to no side effects. It has been a Godsend for me! I wish I would have started it a long time ago. Within 2 days of taking it I felt so much better. I have accepted and realized that I will probably have to be on something the rest of my life. So if you are experiencing panic attacks please don't give up! There is help out there for you! Every type of treatment is trial and error and what works for one may not work for another. I'm no longer embarrassed about my condition. I talk to others about my experiences so that maybe I can help someone else.